May 26, 2020As more people are working from home due to the pandemic, the safety of at-home work environments is coming under scrutiny.Workplaces are legally mandated to maintain strict safety
Home Pest Control
What are the benefits of quarterly pest control?
As soon as your first application, you will notice a drastic decrease in the appearance of common household pests. Occasional pests such as spiders or centipedes may disappear completely. Larger infestations will gradually decrease over time. The continued practice of quarterly pest control will thenprevent future infestations from occurring once the current ones have been eradicated. One of the greatest benefits of quarterly pest control is the money you will save when you do it yourself rather than calling in the professionals.
How do I begin?
When it comes to household pest control, everyone's needs are different. You should first ask yourself which of the following pests are you greatest concern, and then cater your quarterly application accordingly.
General Household Pests
(This category includes spiders, occasional ants, silverfish, scorpions, centipedes, etc. It does not include pests which require special attention such as german roaches, fleas, bed bugs, or termites.)
- Exterior Spray Application. Treat exterior with a general purpose liquid pesticide. Demon WP orCynoff WP offer the longest residual, but may leave a residue on dark surfaces. If you are covering dark surfaces such as wooden baseboards or siding, use Suspend SC or Demand CS. Apply insecticide with a gallon sprayer around the entire perimeter of the home according to product specifications. Pay special attention to doors and window frames where pests gain access.
- Interior Spray Application. Since you have already sprayed outdoors, your indoor treatment should be very minimal. Treat interior door frames, window frames, and in the corners of rooms near the baseboard with the same general purpose liquid pesticide, using a gallon sprayer on a low pressure setting. Pets and children should be kept out of the room or house while applications are made, and 3 hours afterwards or until the application has fully dried. Be sure to fully read and follow all instructions on the product label for indoor application.
- Interior Dust Application. Apply Delta Dust underneath baseboards and into wall voids using a hand duster for small spaces, or a power duster for larger crawlspaces and attic. While liquids are applied every 3 months, dusting should only be applied every 6 to 8 months. For more information, view Crack and Crevice Pest Control
Roaches can be a special challenge to get rid of, and a quarterly plan for these pests requires a lot more of your energy, patience, and persistence.
- Exterior Spray Application. Treat exterior with a general purpose liquid pesticide. Demon WP orCynoff WP offer the longest residual, but may leave a residue on dark surfaces. For dark surfaces, use Suspend SC or Demand CS. Apply insecticide with a gallon sprayer around the entire perimeter of the home according to product specifications. Pay special attention to doors and window frames where pests gain access.
- Interior Bait Application. DO NOT SPRAY LIQUIDS INSIDE IF YOU HAVE ROCHES. A liquid pesticide is not effective on most roach species, particularly german roaches. You will get far better and faster results using a roach bait gel such as Advance Cockroach Gel Bait, Maxforce FC Roach Bait Gel, or Maxforce Pro Roach Killer Bait Gel (Hydramethylnon). All that is needed is a small raindrop sized bead in corners (where two walls meet) in infested areas, especially the kitchen. Be sure to read and follow the product label. You can follow this link to read an article or roach gel placement.
- Interior IGR Application. For cockroach infestations, an IGR is absolutely essential. We recommendGentrol Point Source IGR for roach control. Read more about the purpose of an IGR here.
Fleas This is a very basic quarterly application for fleas. For further instruction, see our article on Flea Control.
Latest Blog Posts